Academized.com is a comprehensive academic writing company that offers students of all ages and study levels a full range of products and services. It is unclear exactly how long Academized has been in essay writing services business, but there are comments, feedback, and reviews on the web that go back several years.
This writing service provides a wide range of products and services. Any student can order the following:
- essay writing
- review and analysis
- research paper
- term paper
- case study
- lab report
- math/science problems
- editing and proofreading
- thesis sections
- dissertation chapters
In addition to custom writing, Academized also offers copywriting for web-based businesses and organizations.
Prices and Discounts
There is a link to a pricing chart that allows students to calculate the cost of their academic writing needs. Like most professional writing companies, prices are based upon the student’s academic level, length of the piece, and the deadline required. These range from $14.99 for a high school piece with a 14 days deadline to graduate level work with a 3-hour deadline at $53.99/page.
One of the surprising parts of this pricing schedule is that there is no difference in pricing whether the order is for a basic custom essay or a more complex research paper that requires more work on the part of the writer. We also wonder what types of academic papers a Ph.D. student could order and receive within a 3-hour period.
There is a separate link for discounts. All first-time customers receive a 15% discount on their first orders. There is also a discount schedule for loyal customers, ranging from 5 – 15%, depending on the total number of pages ordered over time.
Offers and Extra Services
Paper writing involves specifications – a title page, a bibliography, sometimes an outline, and formatting. These are all provided for free, along with unlimited revisions and a plagiarism report.
There are additional fee-based options that can be added during the ordering process.
- Custom writing from a UK writer will add 10% to the order
- Choosing a preferred writer for a custom essay or paper will add 10%
- Choosing premier or “Top 10” paper writing pros will cost an additional 25 – 30%
- A plagiarism report is $29.99. This is surprising since the company has also advertised such a report as a free benefit.
- There are three customer support level options – basic for free, but advanced or premier for an additional cost. What this additional customer support includes, we are not told.
- A draft will add 20%, and to have academic papers proofread by an editor will cost $20.40.
We also have an issue with the additional fee for proofreading by an editor. If a professional and expert writer has produced college papers, for example, why would they need to be proofread?
Without ordering a paper ourselves, we use other “clues” to determine the quality produced by a writing service. Here, we found a huge number of footer pages detailing all types of writing. In fact, it really is “overkill.” There are 110 of them.
We did review several of these pages related to essay writing assignment, a couple related to college papers, and one about term paper writing. A lot of the information was repetitive. But we also saw some grammatical and word usage mistakes that indicate a non-native English-speaking writer.
We also checked into the samples posted on the site, reading through two of them. The structure was pretty solid, but a clear thesis statement was missing in one, and the research proposal on terrorism was a bit disjointed and unclear. Still, the bulk of the writing itself was pretty good, other than some word usage errors. For example, one sentence referred to a “student of economy” rather than a “student of economics.”
The company has a link about its writers, stating that only native English-speaking pros are used. We are not sure about this, after reading the footer pages and the samples. None of the errors were glaring, and most could be fixed by the student himself.
The process for employing writers is also outlined – they include writing samples and a grammar/composition exam.
Academized has a support team that is available to customers 24/7. Agents can be contacted by phone or email. We wonder why there is not a live chat feature.
We did telephone the customer service department twice to ask specific questions. Each time we spoke with a different support team member. We asked about guarantees, but also about the types of products and what was involved in paying extra for better customer support. We did get clear answers, and agents were friendly and helpful.
Guarantees are in writing in the company policies and are standard for most essay writing services – privacy, unlimited revisions, money-back refunds, and the conditions under which these apply. We urge students to read through these policies so that they know exactly what their rights are.
We do not put a lot of stock in on-site testimonials. But we do like to see what customers have to say out on the web, especially on reputable consumer review sites.
We checked Site Jabber and Trust Pilot. Academized reviews from customers on these two sites were complimentary and expressed overall satisfaction with the products and services they had received.
Some customers expressed dissatisfaction with writing quality and with a lack of responsive customer support. Others stated that their need for revisions meant that they missed their instructor’s deadlines. One student stated that she received a D on her paper and was really unhappy.
Pros and Cons
We see some definite pros with using Academized:
- The website is well-organized and provides all of the information a customer might want to have before placing an order
- Academized offers a full range of products and services and at all grade levels. Writers are assigned to match topics and academic levels
- Pricing falls well within the average range for the industry
- The errors in composition and word usage were generally minor
There are some things that concern us:
- Add-on preferences and fees are high. Further, there is a high cost for a plagiarism report that the company says it provides for free.
- Not all writers are native English-speakers despite the company claims
- The samples were pretty old, using resources from the early 2000s. We would suggest that the company update its samples and provide some that reflect exceptional writing.
Based on our investigation and the feedback from actual customers, we believe that students will probably get a product that they can use once revisions are made. The key will be to order the product well in advance of the actual due date so that those revisions can occur in time.